Dear DUC and DSBC Members
The strong winds of the past month have not been conducive to playing on the beach or ocean and hopefully the weather will now settle into the normal summer routine of calm mornings with light onshore winds in the afternoons to help cool us down.
Along with the summer onshore winds come the blue bottles and for parents with young children who get stung for the first time this can be a traumatic experience especially if the screaming is loud and unrelenting!
Please see the attachment on the Treatment Blue Bottle stings so that you are prepared and know what to do when (not if) you or your child get stung.
Safety at Vetchs
The hopefully improved weather combined with the holiday season will see an increase in the use of Vetchs beach and basin by members and the public. Please read the attachment on Safety at Vetchs so that we can ensure an accident-free holiday season.
Please note that Vetchs is an officially designated boat launch site and one of the busiest along the KZN coast. To keep bathers and boats separated, there is a designated bathing area in the Vetchs basin which we encourage members to use. The no bathing signs you see are there to keep bathers out of the boat launch area which can be hazardous to bathers’ well-being.
What’s Happening at the Club:
Happy Hour: 30% off members drink prices excluding soft drinks.
Wednesday 5pm to 6pm.
Saturdays 4.30 pm to 6pm
Saturday 11th December
3pm to 7pm Saturday Sunset Session – Live Music with DJ Criag
Sunday 12th December
1pm to 5pm Sunday Party Vibes with live music by TEQUILA TWINS
Thursday 16th December
Saturday 18th December – PWSC Kiddies Christmas Tree
Father Christmas will be visiting the club on Saturday 18th December. Besides Santa, there will entertainment for the kids from 10am as well as some refreshments. To join in on the day, please do the following:
- Register your children by paying R35 on the MyClubAccount: myclubaccount.co.za/pwsc and click on ’Events’ on the main dashboard or go directly to https://bit.ly/3xRaFm9
- If new to MyClubAccount – please see how to register on MCA document attached.
- Purchase a present for your child to the max value of R300
- Mark the present with your child’s name and bring it to the club office before 10am on Dec 18th
- Santa will be at the club at 11am to hand the present to your child after he gets off his boat!
Payments can also be made into the club office. Please retain receipt to get your wristband / refreshment tickets on the day.
This week’s menu specials
Wednesday 8th December
Wednesday Burger Special Bacon and Cheeseburger
topped with Fried Onion rings served with Amstel 330ml R 75
- Beef Curry and Rice with sambals R 80
- Prawn Curry and Rice with sambals R 90
Thursday 9th December Club Night
- Pork Belly Roast and vegetables R 95
- Beef Lasagne and vegetables R 85
Friday 10th December – Family Friday
Eisbein and vegetables R 98 – served from 12.30pm
Stuffed chicken and vegetables R 75
Sunday 12th December
Pork Belly Roast and vegetables R 95
Beef Roast and vegetables R 98
We look forward to seeing you at the club
The PWC Team